Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

More Cute Travel Items

I'm sorry for the long hiatus... Sometimes, life and the small one gets the better of me and well, I don't end up with time for all the rest, or I'm just too plain tired. I've also been avidly planning this year's family vacations, which I will for sure share the good, and not so good tidbits. For now though let me share some cute travel items I've found during the course of the last few months.

The Animal ABC Car Organizer

Keeps everything in its place
Although from Japan, the Animal ABC Car Organizer is available from this awesome site, and is perfect to keep toys and crayons and bottles and wipes and who knows what from becoming the "big mess in the back seat" on your next road trip. It attaches to the back of the front car seat so that the not-so-little ones can have access to their stuff to keep themselves occupied in the car. It's also folds up into a carry-all when you get out of the car and arrive at your destination (say a restaurant) and want the kids to stay occupied.
The ABC Car Organizer, Now a carry-all

A great option for families with more than 1 kid who are not-so-little is Travel Bingo such as this one from eeboo which should keep them busy looking out the windows to fill their bingo card. No messy small items, just a paper & pencil.

eeboo Travel Bingo - so they won't be asking
"Are we there yet?"
When in doubt, stick to the classics. The travel Etch-A-Sketch and/or the mini Magna-Doodle will definitely buy you some quiet time in the car, or on the plane. They're also small enough that you can stick them into your purse and take them along on a night out to keep the small one distracted. I know a mom who would practice the alphabet with her kid while waiting for the food to come at the restaurant. Why not have the little one learn while waiting.
Mini Magna-Doodle

Pocket Etch-A Sketch
I don't know about you, but E loves to stick and unstick stuff. We have stickers galore at home, but somehow I don't really see myself bringing them along with us on our next trip. That's why I thought this was so awesome. Totally Tape is exactly what I know E will love. A book filled with "tape-me" pages, along with four rolls of colorful kid-friendly paper tape (no scissors required), each page is a different activity. Make a match, build the train tracks or just "paint" the whole picture in colored tape. It's also available on Amazon.

So that's all for now, but I promise I will be back soon!


1 comment:

  1. Just starting to work my way through Delicious Baby's list, and I'm so happy to have you as the first link. Modern-adorable product finds, Etsy, and places and services I've never heard of? Heaven! You have to blog more often, if only because I'm out there dying to here more... :)

    P.S. Love your blog name, too.

    ReplyDelete