Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

desperately seeking... florence? maui? palm springs? san juan... any vacation will do.

I'm itchy, my palms are sweating, I can't focus - sorry what did you say? I didn't hear you... I think I'm close to seeing things. It's been 5 months, 2 weeks and 4 days since my last vacation. I'm getting pretty desperate. Worse more,and this is maybe more than I'd like to admit, but *cringe* I have nothing in the foreseeable future... it hurts just thinking about it.

Although my vacation hours are accumulating, the credit card bill is not decreasing, so it doesn't look very likely that I'll be going anywhere soon. However, that being said, it doesn't mean that I don't have vacation ideas ready to pull out of the bag.

Here are a couple (one can always dream, right?):

Sayulita


Only 26 miles from the Puerto Vallarta airport Sayulita is not what pops to mind when one thinks of vacationing in Mexico and especially not Puerto Vallarta. In a different state, on a different bay, and in a different world, Sayulita is home to about two thousand, most from three extended families, with a beach unspoiled by large scale development.


The complex is composed of huge majestic private villas, some which are right on the beach and has 4 private pools, which is great for kids. The villas accommodate 6 to 8 people, so maybe invite another family to come along and bring the  kids. The village is charmingly rustic with many family friendly places to eat and not blow the budget. A perfect off the beaten path Mexican family vacation.

Sayulita Villa

Amazing snorkeling is available in Islas Marietas, where decades ago, Jacques Cousteau filmed his diving specials and has wildlife here which is only also found on the Galapagos Islands. There is also the San Cristobal Estuary where you can take a boat upstream and see crocodiles and hundreds of beautiful white egrets... It's enough to make me want to go and not leave. And since it's easy to find low prices to Mexico, it offers a very tempting lure.
One of the pools on the Sayulita complex

Crocs at the San Cristobal Estuary
Or, if Mexico isn't your style, how about trying the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs?

Ace Hotel - Palm Springs


Swim Club, Ace Hotel - Palm Springs


Near the Joshua Tree National Park and the Salton Sea this boutique hotel has a great pool & swim club, great rooms at very reasonable prices (starting around $100/night) and an onsite spa, horse stables, golf, tennis and hiking.

Simple Suite - Ace Hotel, Palm Springs

Did I mention some rooms come equipped with turntables? My husband will love this, seeing as Palm Springs is less than a 2 hour drive to one of the best record stores in the world... And yes, by records, I mean vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment