Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Getting away from it all... in my dreams.

Getting away from it all and relaxing, is lately quite often at the forefront of initial vacation plans. However, lately, I find myself trying to think what E. will want to do, because to be completely honest, there's not much worse than a bored child. Especially E. So what I try to do is squeeze 2 or 3 days or isolation and 2 or 3 days of activity and the balance usually ends up somewhere in between. But for now, i can still dream...

Ravine cabins at Mount Tamalpais

The isolated cabins at Mount Tamalpais caught our eye as we were driving by them along Highway 101.  We almost died and never in our life did we think that we could actually rent them. BUT YOU CAN.
Renting is through the California State Park site and at $100.00 a night, it's not only an incredible deal, but possibly a reason in itself to go back to California. However, yes, I return to reality and do realize that E will not last longer than a couple of days here. The great thing about Mount Tamalpais is that it's just north of San Francisco. So if you start going stir-crazy after a few days, the city is less than an hour away. 
Also quite close is the area of Point Reyes and Tomales Bay where we were in May and if I had my way, I would have never left... With fantastic beach front cabins at Nick's Cove, which is also home to a great restaurant, a local creamery which makes delicious cheeses, oysters to die for, fantastic restaurants who are obsessed with finding the freshest most local produce, a great book shop where I wanted to buy everything in sight, and artist studios, cute shops, art galleries and great people, there is no reason to leave. So yes, I will most likely be going back in the near future.
E at Osteria Stellina in Point Reyes Station

No comments:

Post a Comment